Global Engagement QEP Newsletter
March 31, 2015
QEP Funding Recipients Announced, Call for Faculty Graders, International Festival April 11
Global Engagement QEP Course Development Award Recipients Announced
Congratulations to the second round of 2015 Global Engagement QEP Course Development Award recipients! These awards were $500 or $1000.
- Dr. Deborah Bell, Department of Theatre, HSS 205: The Age of Masquerade
- Dr. Sarah Daynes, Department of Sociology, SOC 290: Thinking Sociologically: Classical Theory
- Dr. Donna Duffy and Professor Lisa McDonald, Department of Kinesiology and Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, HHS 589: Exploring Intersections of Latino Individual, Family and Community Life
- Dr. Cerise Glenn, Department of Communication Studies, CST 410: Social Identity in Popular Culture and Media
- Dr. Lavinia Hirsu, Department of English, ENG 363: Digital Rhetorics: Global Identities in a Multimediated World
- Dr. Brooke Kreitinger, Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, GER 406: Advanced Topics in German Culture: Unsettling Images and Issues of Transnational Migration
- Dr. Derek Krueger, Department of Religious Studies, REL 503: From Constantinople to Istanbul: A City and Its Monuments
- Dr. Nir Kshetri, Department of Management, MGT 400: Cybersecurity Management
- Dr. Justin Lee, Department of Social Work, SWK 5XX: Global Transmigration: The Immigrant and Refugee Experience
- Professor Janet Lilly, Department of Dance, MTD 338/638: Dancing in the Heart of Italy
- Dr. Alexandra S. Moore, Department of English, HSS 227: ‘Just’ Fiction: Human Rights in Literature and Culture
- Dr. Sharon D. Morrison, Department of Public Health Education, HEA 589C: Refugee Experiences and Protection in Global Contexts
- Dr. Noelle Morrissette, Department of English, ENG 374: Early African American Writers and ENG 376: African American Writers After the 1920s
- Dr. Elizabeth Perrill, Department of Art, ARH 370: African Art
- Dr. Chiaki Takagi, Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, JNS 305: Roles of Children and Youth in Modern Japan, JNS 306: The Elderly in an Aging Nation, and JNS 306: Disaster, Energy Crisis, and Sustainability in Post-Fukushima Japan
For more information on global engagement faculty funding opportunities, visit http://globalqep.uncg.edu/faculty/grants.htm
Call for Faculty Graders
We are looking for faculty to assist in the grading of QEP student writing prompts. This prompt was created to measure four specific Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) and is one of the primary measures of the success of the QEP. The assessment of these prompts will provide important baseline data as the QEP moves forward.
QEP Writing Prompt Assessment Workshop
Date: Monday and Tuesday, May 11-12
Time: 9:00am to 4:00pm
Compensation: Each participant will receive $250/day
A two-day commitment is required
Coffee, lunch and snacks will be provided both days
We are now accepting applications here for participants. Please apply as soon as you are able, as space is limited.
International Festival April 11
The International Programs Center (IPC) will host the 33rd Annual International Festival on April 11, 2015.
The 33rd Annual UNCG International Festival is the largest community event on campus each year. It is an exciting opportunity for the University and greater community to celebrate diverse countries of the world and to foster multicultural awareness. The International Festival will be held on College Avenue on Saturday, April 11th from 12:00 to 5:00 pm. Alternative rain location is the Coleman Building (formerly known as the Health and Human Performance Building).
The Festival promotes cultural appreciation and understanding through music, food, exhibits, educational demonstrations, and live entertainment from all regions of the globe. Last year, some 50 different countries, organizations and vendors hosted booths for the over 3,000 people in attendance. Parents, children, students and all community members are welcome as this event is FREE and open to the public!
Here is a video from a previous I-Fest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrtcmUPcuMM
Global Engagement Spotlight Features Summer Drum
Check out the latest edition to our Global Engagement Spotlight featuring Lloyd International Honors College student Summer Drum. Summer shared her decision to pursue study abroad and her experiences studying at Plymouth University in the UK.
Read about her experience at http://globalengagementqep.blogspot.com/
Final OLSL Funding Deadline
The final funding deadline for 2014-15 OLSL Service-Learning Global Course Development Faculty Grants is April 1, 2015. Please see link below for application information, or email email@example.com.
To download a brochure with all International and Global funding opportunities, please visit http://www.uncg.edu/ipg/intlgebrochure.pdf
Please direct questions to the Global Engagement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact David Nelson, QEP Director, at email@example.com